Agent Level 6, Director of the Food Services Division aboard the S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier.
"When the skies are looking above my dear, and your heart’s lost all it’s hope,
after dawn there will be sunshine and all the dust will go,
skies will clear up my darling, I wake up with the one I love the most,
and in the morning I’ll make you up some tea and toast.” -Lucy Spraggan
"Agent Lane…I don’t care HOW much you love Ramen, or how little you need to actually eat, you shouldn’t be subsisting on just that alone! Here on the Helicarrier, room and board are included with your pay and benefits. Come down and have some *real* food, for goodness sakes."
Send me some numbers, and I will tell you:
- What does their bedroom look like?
- Do they have any daily rituals?
- Do they exercise, and if so, what do they do? How often?
- What would they do if they needed to make dinner but the kitchen was busy?
- Cleanliness habits (personal, workspace, etc.)
- Eating habits and sample daily menu
- Favorite way to waste time and feelings surrounding wasting time
- Favorite indulgence and feelings surrounding indulging
- Neuroses? Do they recognize them as such?
- Intellectual pursuits?
- Favorite book genre?
- Sexual Orientation? And, regardless of own orientation, thoughts on sexual orientation in general?
- Physical abnormalities? (Both visible and not, including injuries/disabilities, long-term illnesses, food-intolerances, etc.)
- Biggest and smallest short term goal?
- Biggest and smallest long term goal?
- Preferred mode of dress and rituals surrounding dress
- Favorite beverage?
- What do they think about before falling asleep at night?
- Childhood illnesses? Any interesting stories behind them?
- Turn-ons? Turn-offs?
- Given a blank piece of paper, a pencil, and nothing to do, what would happen?
- How organized are they? How does this organization/disorganization manifest in their everyday life?
- Is there one subject of study that they excel at? Or do they even care about intellectual pursuits at all?
- How do they see themselves 5 years from today?
- Do they have any plans for the future? Any contingency plans if things don’t workout?
- What is their biggest regret?
- Who do they see as their best friend? Their worst enemy?
- Reaction to sudden extrapersonal disaster (eg The house is on fire! What do they do?)
- Reaction to sudden intrapersonal disaster (eg close family member suddenly dies)
- Most prized possession?
- Thoughts on material possessions in general?
- Concept of home and family?
- Thoughts on privacy? (Are they a private person, or are they prone to ‘TMI’?)
- What activities do they enjoy, but consider to be a waste of time?
- What makes them feel guilty?
- Are they more analytical or more emotional in their decision-making?
- Would they consider themselves a Type A or Type B personality?
- What recharges them when they’re feeling drained?
- Would you say that they have a superiority-complex? Inferiority-complex? Neither?
- How misanthropic are they?
- How far did they get in formal education? What are their views on formal education vs self-education?
- Superstitions or views on the occult?
- Do they express their thoughts through words or deeds?
- If they were to fall in love, who (or what) is their ideal?
- How do they express love?
- If this person were to get into a fist fight, what is their fighting style like?
- Is this person afraid of dying? Why or why not?
Harry Potter: Tell us about a scar on your body
Hermione Granger: What is your favorite book, how many times have you read it, and why do you love it?
Ron Weasley: Something you’re afraid of?
Luna Lovegood: One thing that makes you different from everyone else.
Fred Weasley: Can you do any magic tricks? What is the best one you can do? If you can’t do any, what’s the best one you’ve seen?
George Weasley: What is the best prank you’ve ever played on someone?
Neville Longbottom: Tell us an embarrassing story.
Narcissa Malfoy: Do you have a good relationship with your family? Who are you closest to?
Voldemort: If you were to create a Horcrux(s), what would it be and why?
Bellatrix Lestrange: Have you ever loved someone who could never love you back?
Ginny Weasley: Have you ever been in love with an unexpected person?
Hedwig: If you went to Hogwarts, what kind of pet would you bring? (ex: cat, owl, rat, frog)
Draco Malfoy: Is it better to be feared or to be loved?
Rubeus Hagrid: What is your favorite mystical creature?
Dolores Umbridge: Make a list of rules that your family (or whoever you choose) would have to follow if you made the rules.
Lucius Malfoy: What is your most prized possession?
Molly Weasley: What is the proudest moment of your life?
Dobby: Who are you most loyal to?
Sirius Black: Have you ever been accused of doing something you didn’t do?
Argus Filch: What’s the worst job you’ve ever had?
Dudley Dursley: How many presents do you usually receive on your birthday?
Peter Pettigrew: Are you a leader or a follower?
Cedric Diggory: Have you ever had a near death experience?
Albus Dumbledore: What is the greatest obstacle you have ever overcome in your life?
Minerva McGonagall: What is your favorite spell?
Severus Snape: Are you a trustworthy person?
Remus Lupin: If you transform into any one animal or creature, which one would it be?
Uncle Vernon: What is your favorite day of the week?
Mad Eye Moody: Who is the bravest person you know?
Arthur Weasley: What do you think is the best “muggle” invention?
Professor Sprout: What is your favourite class that is offered at Hogwarts?
Nymphadora Tonks: If you could change one thing about your appearance what would it be?
Moaning Mertile: What is something that always makes you cry?
James Potter: Would you risk your life to save someone you truly love?
Lily Potter: What color eyes do you have?
Professor Trelawney: Have you ever dreamt something was going to happen and then it happened?
Mr. Ollivander: What would your wand look like?
Lavender Brown: Who is the last person who texted and have you ever had a crush on them?
Cho Chang: If you were on the Quidditch team, what position would you play?
Aunt Petunia: What is your favorite flower?
I hope all of you are having a tolerable if not faboo Friday. Mine’s not too bad. And I just found out that we’ve had another D&D session called for tonight which is rare, so I’ll be AFK until much later.
I currently have threads in drafts for jedimastertank, ravenfirethief, asecretagentleman, shieldtwin1 and thisisagentnero, along with a couple of askbox memes for nattfari-nottsdottir and shieldagentmaralane.
If I’m missing anyone, let me know? If you think I’ve missed something, check our threads - I’m pretty sure I’m caught up with everything but who knows. Send me an ask if it’s my turn.
Happy Friday, all y’all.
[text] Well, you’re a really good lay.
[text] In a very nice package.
[text] And…oh…I don’t know. Maybe…maybe it’s because I love you, you silly git?
[text] What do I have to do to make you understand, sweetheart?
Sir Michael felt oddly disconnected for the rest of the afternoon. He worried that he’d perhaps offended Lady Hazel with his plain speech. There was, he admitted, a twinge in his chest when he thought of her, but it bordered on improper to think that way of a young lady, and the daughter of friends to boot. He resolved to put it out of his head a while, though he did note her blush when he kissed her hand in farewell.
His fellows at the barracks hotel welcomed him with open arms and after a light repast he found himself in a friendly fencing match. Michael took time to visit with his friends from the troop, the few who were dear to his heart from long acquaintance. One of the eldest of that group pulled him aside for a private word “Captain, I hear you speak of this Lady, and I watch your eyes light, and your lips smile. Lad, I care not if she’s a daughter of the Queen herself - you must tell her.” Old Connor might be right, Michael mused, but he was unsure that the Lady felt the same way …and to make a fool of himself with the daughter of a friend would be disgraceful.
Michael refreshed himself, then dressed in his best for the ball. A crisp new black tail coat, starched shirt with a back watered silk cravat and crimson brocaded silk waistcoat fit the order of dress for the evening.
His black top-hat, watch and chain, and ebony and silver stick finished the ensemble. Captain Williams again had to endure the gibes of his comrades, but he felt it a small price to pay to spend an evening as escort to Lady Hazel.
The afternoon brought the simple comforts that she craved. Home. Getting out of this formal gown and all the undertrappings. A light lunch…toast and tea, broth and some small bits of roast chicken was more than enough for her stomach. Her parents continued their praise of her as her mother looked through the small stack of calling cards that had been collected. She couldn’t help but watch that quiet process with a feeling of dread and curiosity combined.
"…are you feeling alright, my dear?"
Her father looked concerned as she looked back to him with a somewhat startled countenance. ”Pardon, papa?”
"You seem to be terribly un-focused. Is anything the matter?"
She managed a smile. ”It has been a long morning, papa. And it is going to be a long night. I am hoping that I can find some rest before then, and I am praying that my dance card is filled with partners who will not step on my feet.”
Lord Brompton chuckled quietly. ”It has been an eventful day, my girl. Tonight will be a grand time, but yes, you should rest. If you are finished, go along and find some sleep.”
Her mother prompted, “I will wake you in time to prepare, dear. Take care, your gown is already hanging in your room. Just leave it be, mm? ”
"Yes, mama. May I be excused?"
"Yes. Sleep well, dear."
She went up to her haven, and eyed the elegant gown hanging on the dress form as she lay down. She could only daydream that he might like it, and that daydream turned to dream as she slipped into a sweet sleep on her bed.
Her mother was true to her word, and woke her in time to primp and press, and they were putting finishing touches on as her escort arrived.
He just frowns, holding her close.
She clings to him, huddling against his chest. Willing her heart to slow its fitful beats, to come back to this moment and take solace in his solid presence.
[text] Love, are you tipsy again?
[text] Not arguing the validity of your statement. Just curious.